Eastern University GEE Cell
EUSL is committed to the promotion of Gender Equity/Equality (GEE) and women’s empowerment where all students, academic, administrative and support staff, female and male, enjoy equal opportunities, human rights, and free from all forms of discrimination and harassment .As such members of the University community have the responsibility of ensuring that it is free from gender inequity and Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV).
Thus EUSL policy on GEE is designed to promote equality between women and men; to eliminate unlawful discrimination and harassment; and to provide an inclusive working, learning and social environment in which the rights and dignity of all its staff and students are respected to assist them in reaching their full potential. The university will work to remove any barriers which might deter people of the highest ability from applying to EUSL as staff or students.
Click here for full information about EUSL GEE Cell.
A gender-responsive university with zero tolerance toward SGBV.
To enable the university to excel in providing a gender-responsive organizational environment and to integrate gender into the functions of the university in order to attain gender equality and women’s empowerment and to promote zero tolerance against SGBV.
- Achieve gender balance with respect to both academic and administrative staffing and decision making processes.
- Achieve gender balance in enrolment of students.
- Maintain gender-disaggregated statistics on both staff and students for decision making.
- Address gender issues in the content of courses and course materials.
- Support the development of policy documents from a gender perspective and the use of gender sensitive language at all levels of activity.
- Prevent cases of SGBV at EUSL.
- Sensitise EUSL university community on what constitutes SGBV
- Create awareness on the reporting procedure for victims of SGBV including circumstantial evidence.
- Promote harmonious relations between different categories of staff and students at EUSL.
- Provide prompt, effective, and consistent and fair guidelines for handling cases of SGBV at the university.
- Provide disciplinary procedures, justice and reprieve for the aggrieved.
- Promote research and publications of research findings and recommendations in form of measures regarding SGBV.