Student Affairs Department
Student Affairs Department is responsible for all matters pertaining to students of the University. Coordinating student enrollment, handling student’s discipline and optimizing the welfare facilities of students are major functions of the department. It consists of two divisions, namely: Student Registration and Student Services and Welfare.
Student Registration Division
- Coordinating all undergraduate student admission matters in liaision with Faculties and the UGC (student registration is to be handled by the Faculty concerned)
- Coordinating annual student registration for all batches of students in all Faculties.
- Coordinating all matters with regard to issuing of Identity Cards to students.
- Maintenance of student database for all undergraduate students.
- Convening meetings of the Student Admission Committee of the University and follow up work.
Student Services and Welfare Division
- Handling all matters pertaining to student accommodation.
- Handling matters with regard to providing financial assistance to students. (Mahapola Scholarship, Bursary and other endowments)
- Appointment of Senior Student Counselor, Student Counselors, Proctor, Deputy Proctor, Wardens and Academic Sub Wardens.
- Coordinating matters relating to health care, recreation, physical education and sports activities of students in liaison with University Medical Officer, Director Physical Education, Director Welfare etc.
- Coordinating matters relating to student’s welfare and counselling in liaison with Director Welfare and Senior Students Counsellor.
- Handling matters with regard to student discipline in liaison with Proctor and Chief Marshall.
- Handling all matters pertaining to student unions and associations.
- Assisting the General Administration Department in Maintenance of Hostels and Canteens.
- Convening the meetings of Board of Discipline and Advisory Board of Student Welfare and follow up work.
- Season tickets for students to travel by CTB buses are issued only for a limited distance. Those students who are not eligible for hostel facilities can apply for season tickets annually.