OTS, AHEAD OPERATIONS
EASTERN UNIVERSITY, SRI LANKA
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
for the Consultant to Design Short Course on Personality and Carrier Development
at the Faculty of Agriculture
under the World Bank funded ELTA-ELSE Faculty Development Project.
The Government of Sri Lanka (GoSL) and the World Bank have agreed, to support the higher education sector through a Bank funded Accelerating Higher Education Expansion and Development (AHEAD) operation. AHEAD operation is organized into two components. The first is a Program Component that supports the national Higher Education Development Program. The second is a systems strengthening, capacity building and technical assistance component that will assist GoSL to strengthen the higher education sector. Under the AHEAD project, Faculty of Agriculture, Eastern University Sri Lanka invites applications for hiring individual consultants and resource persons to design and conduct the short courses, seminar and workshops for the undergraduate students.
The consultant will be required to provide a detailed plan to establish the related activities for improving multi-faceted Personality and carrier Development skills of the undergraduates to strengthen business communication skills under directions of the Faculty.
- Conduct skills Gap Analyses
- Map out Short – team Training Plans
- Schedule regular soft skills development and management trainings
- Develop a plan to establish the skills by incorporating expectations of the students, and activity coordinators of the Project.
- Designs and implements proactive communication and change management plans to ensure initiatives are well executed
- Make revision, if required, on the planned activities after implementations.
- Proactively engages in external research and knowledge sharing to stay
- Be responsible for the timely administration of the AHEAD & Faculty of Agriculture
- Prepare cost reports for each learning program
- Producing the consultancy reports
- A postgraduate degree from a recognized University /Institutes /Professional body
- 10 years Experience in University/ Institutes /Professional body
Selection procedures: Consultants will be selected adopting Individual Consultant selection procedures.
Duration of the Consultancy: 4 1/2 Months
Remuneration: LKR 100,000 on completion of the project.
How to Apply
- All interested candidates can submit your CV and photocopies of the education & professional qualification & service certificates should be sent under registered cover to reach “DIRECTOR, OTS AHEAD PROJECT OFFICE, EASTERN UNIVERSITY, CHENKALADY, SRI LANKA” on or before 6th March 2020. The post applied for should be marked on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
- Incomplete & illegible applications, applications which are not attached with supportive documents and applications received by the university after the closing date will be rejected without intimations
- The internal university staffs are not eligible to apply for this vacancy
OTS AHEAD Operations
Eastern University, Sri Lanka
Phone: 065 205 9393