EASTERN UNIVERSITY, SRI LANKA
ASSISTANT REGISTRAR (LEGAL AND DOCUMENTATION)
The Eastern University, Sri Lanka will entertain applications for the above permanent cadre post from suitably qualified persons up to 18.02.2020.
An Attorney-at-Law with a Degree in Law/Legal Studies with not less than two (02) years of experience gained in Court work, legal work and drafting legal documentation in a State/Corporation or reputed private sector organization or official bar after obtaining the above qualifications.
An Attorney-at-Law with not less than three (03) years of experience gained in Court work, legal work and drafting legal documentation in a State/Corporation or reputed private sector organization or official bar after obtaining the above qualification.
[As per the UGC Commission Circular No.17/2016 (V)]
Salary Code & Scale : U-EXI (II)-2016A, Rs. 50,625– 3x1125 – 54,000 p.m (EB) 55,335; 12x1335-71,355 p.m
- The other allowances determined by the University Grants Commission will be paid in addition to the above salary.
METHOD OF RECRUITMENT : By Structured Interview
The appointee will become contributor to the Universities Provident Fund, contributing 10% of their monthly earnings and the University contributing an amount equivalent to 7%. In addition, they will become contributors to the Employees Trust Fund and the University Pension Scheme under which the University will contribute 3% and 8% of the monthly earnings of the employee respectively.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
- Application forms could be obtained from the Office of the Senior Assistant Registrar, Establishments Department (Academic Division), Eastern University, Sri Lanka, Vantharumoolai, Chenkalady from Monday to Friday during office hours by personally calling over or by post by sending a self addressed stamped envelope of 25.5 cm x10 cm in size to reach the Senior Assistant Registrar, Establishments Department (Academic Division) of this University or could be downloaded from the University website
- The post applied for should be indicated on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
- Application forms should accompany with the paid Bank Slip for the deposit of a sum of Rs.100/= credited to the Account No: 227-1001-4-0000024, at any branch of the People’s Bank, drawn in favour of “Bursar, Eastern University, Sri Lanka.
- Applicants who are employees of Government Departments, State Corporations and Statutory Bodies should forward their applications through the Head of their respective institutions, but may send an advance copy in the first instance. However, no such applicant will be considered for interview, if the application channeled through the Head of the Department is not received.
- Completed applications along with certified photocopies of the educational & professional qualifications with statement of the Degrees and service certificates should be forwarded under registered cover to reach the “Senior Assistant Registrar, Establishments Department (Academic Division), Eastern University, Sri Lanka, Vantharumoolai, Chenkalady” on or before 18.02.2020.
- Applications which do not conform to the requirements, incorrect applications, incomplete applications, applications without paid Bank slip (Original), applications received by the University after the closing date will be rejected without intimation.
Note: The University reserves the right to short list and interview only such applicants as the University may consider suitable for appointment.
Submission of applications will not be entertained personally and the University will not bear any responsibility for such submissions.
EASTERN UNIVERSITY, SRI LANKA