OTS, AHEAD OPERATIONS
EASTERN UNIVERSITY, SRI LANKA
Expressions of Interest for Consultants (6 No’s) To design the industrial based courses (optional courses) for the Faculty of Science under the ELTA-ELSE Faculty Development Project funded by the World Bank to the following subject disciplines:
- Botany (Green Technology and Resource Management)
- Computer Science
Proposed Tasks and deliverables:
- Conduct stakeholder meetings with the relevant staff of the Faculty of Science and other appropriate parties including industries, and develop an outline to enhance the industrial linkage in the curriculum of the study program.
- Design and submit a draft course structure to integrate industrial linkage into the curriculum of the study program by conducting a number of discussions/workshops with the relevant Faculty of Science staff.
- Build a strong relationship between the academics and the industries through interactions and visit.
- Organize and conduct training programs for staff.
- Facilitate industrial training placements in general and specific for the sustainability of the work being involved.
- Submission of final report for comments and reviews, and submission of final report incorporating the comments as appropriate.
A senior academic with PhD degree in the relevant discipline (stated above) or an industrialist holding a Science based PhD degree in the relevant discipline is preferred.
Experience in curriculum development and conducting workshops for the study programs is highly desirable.
Selection procedures: Consultants will be selected adopting Individual Consultant selection procedures.
Duration of the Consultancy: Six Months
Remuneration: A consultancy fee of LKR. 400,000 will be paid as lump sum based on successful completion of the key tasks mentioned above and submission of the final report to the satisfaction of the Faculty of Science.
Four workshops (2 days each) should be conducted to the academic staff of Faculty of Science. Additionally, a subsistence of LKR 45,000 will be paid for each visit to conduct the workshop, to cover the transport, accommodation and meals on completion of the workshop.
For more information, please refer the attached TOR.
OTS AHEAD Operations
Eastern University, Sri Lanka
Phone: 065 205 9393