Vacancy : Senior Administrative Officer-OTS/AHEAD Project
Applications are invited from suitable candidates for the post of Senior Administrative Officer to the Office of the Operations Technical Secretariat (OTS) of the World Bank funded Accelerating Higher Education Expansion and Development (AHEAD) Project of Eastern University, Sri Lanka.
Interested candidates can apply to this post in the application form along with their CV by registered post (the position applied should be mentioned at the top left hand corner of the envelope) to the following address on or before 15th February 2019.
The Senior Assistant Registrar,
Eastern University, Sri Lanka,
The application form and other information can be obtained from the University website www.esn.ac.lk.
The Acting Registrar,
Eastern University, Sri Lanka,
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
The main duties and responsibilities of the Senior Administration Officer will be to:
- Assist the OTS Director on the overall implementation of AHEAD activities
- Be responsible for the timely administration of the OTS
- Be responsible for monitoring and timely reporting of results, and physical, procurement, environmental and financial progress of activities to the Director, OTS
- Overseeing the maintenance of records
- Liaise regularly and closely with the OMST to ensure smooth functioning of the activities of the Operation
- Liaise regularly and closely with the Project Coordinators in the university to ensure smooth functioning of the activities of the Operation
- Administer procurement activities:
a) In carrying out procurement of goods, equipment, services, works and consultancy services in general, particularly preparation and updating of procurement plans, implementation of procurement process in terms of Government and World Bank guidelines, with the approval of the Deputy Director/Procurement.
Maintaining records, assisting the conduction of procurement reviews and furnishing reports as required.
- Administer financial management activities, in the following areas:
a) Management and utilization of Operation funds released to the OTS, with the approval of the Deputy Director/Finance.
b) Maintaining proper financial records for all Operation expenses,
c) Submission of accurate, analytical and timely financial reports as stipulated by the OMST in strict compliance with all financial regulations, tax laws and accounting standards, with the approval of the Deputy Director/Finance.
- Carry out office management, personnel duties, office duties, and tasks and activities of work coordination and supervision for the OTS
- Act as a focal point to the OTS staff for all administration matters and provide the necessary support
- Liaison between the OTS Director and staff on administration matters, providing advice and support
- Assist the administration of progress reports and participate in the activities of the OTS for the bi-annual World Bank supervision and implementation support missions
- Carrying out any other duties that may reasonably or exceptionally be required to ensure the smooth operation of the OTS.
METHOD OF RECRUITMENT
This is a full-time position. Initially the appointment for the OTS Administration Officer shall be for a period of 12 months. The position may be renewed based on performance, and need, during the period of the Operation (2019-2023).
A monthly payment of LKR 65,000 and applicable EPF and ETF will be paid.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
i) A Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field which is recognized by the UGC
ii) Having obtained a certificate of proficiency not below the National Vocational Qualification Level 7, issued by a Technical/ Vocational Training Institute accepted by Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission for a post related to Technical field and at least 5 years’ experience in the required area of specialization
iii) Having obtained a certificate of proficiency not below the National Vocational Qualification Level 6, issued by a Technical/ Vocational Training Institute accepted by Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission for a post related to Technical field and at least 10 years’ experience in the required area of specialization
iv) Having obtained a certificate of proficiency not below the National Vocational Qualification Level 5, issued by a Technical/ Vocational Training Institute accepted by Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission for a post related to Technical field and at least 15 years’ experience in the required area of specialization.
at least 3 years work experience, as relevant for the amount of AHEAD funds in the university.
PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Ability to assist staff in the OTS and university system
- Ability to work with and be a partner of a team of diverse disciplinary backgrounds;
- Ability to work efficiently, and to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and good interpersonal relations.
- Ability to speak, read and write fluent English, and assist in the production of project reports in English.
- Computer literate.